MBB versus A&M Commerce 1-22-24

geezer

Men are at home tonight against A&M Commerce. Probably another tough close game. Commerce appears to have improved their competitiveness since conference opened. Commerce has lost three of four, but the largest defeat was by six-points to McNeese. Their last game out Commerce defeated Southeastern La. Tipoff at 7PM.

Tight games across the conference so far tonight, Corpus up one on McNeese at the half, Northwestern St up one on Southeastern La at the half and about midway through the first half Nicholls up one on UIW.

Cards maintain the eight-point lead through the first media timeout of the second half. In other conference action, Corpus exploded to open the second half with a 15-0 run over the first six minutes of the half, but then only scored ten points the rest of the game. McNeese chipped away and made a last second tip in to win the game by one. Southeastern came back in the second half to defeat Northwestern St. UIW up two on Nicholls and HCU up eight on New Orleans. Edited by geezer

Lamar wins by eleven, 76-65. Hamilton did not play nursing an ankle injury. Terry Anderson leads Lamar with 18 points and fourteen rebounds. Pryor ends the game with 18 points, making 10-10 from the free throw line. Knight had 10 points to round out the double figure scoring making just 1-3 from the field, with no three's made, but was also 8-9 from the free throw line. Edited by geezer

That was some horrible basketball. I think I have finally reached the point of where I no longer care. Probably best just to scrap the program and plow down the Montagne.

Eyeballing the size of the crowd from the highlights you're not alone.

Eyeballing the size of the crowd from the highlights you're not alone.

Not going to diminish the fact that it has been years since Lamar actually came close to half filling the Montagne, but the video usually doesn't show enough of the crowd to tell what is really there and they rarely show more than the first few rows except when panning up to show the pep band. I think no matter who is the coach it will take years to get back to the crowds of the early to mid-nineties and maybe never with the ability to watch the games on ESPN+. For me the question becomes, there are twelve conference games left including two with Corpus and one more with McNeese. How many games should and how many games will Lamar win? Does Lamar finish the regular season with at least seventeen wins?

Not going to diminish the fact that it has been years since Lamar actually came close to half filling the Montagne, but the video usually doesn't show enough of the crowd to tell what is really there and they rarely show more than the first few rows except when panning up to show the pep band. I think no matter who is the coach it will take years to get back to the crowds of the early to mid-nineties and maybe never with the ability to watch the games on ESPN+. For me the question becomes, there are twelve conference games left including two with Corpus and one more with McNeese. How many games should and how many games will Lamar win? Does Lamar finish the regular season with at least seventeen wins?

Last nights crowd was listed just under 1500. Was the largest student turn-out of the season from my view in section F. Other than McNeese this year, Lamar is probably near the top in average home attendance in the SLC. HBC and others are showing crowds of around 500 or less. Plus mid-week games with poor weather will not draw.

Perhaps Lamar should do what some other places do when they have an arena that is much bigger than their normal crowds. Put in some curtains and close off most of the upper sections. Or see if there is enough money to be made by selling some sweets on the upper south side.

Perhaps Lamar should do what some other places do when they have an arena that is much bigger than their normal crowds. Put in some curtains and close off most of the upper sections. Or see if there is enough money to be made by selling some sweets on the upper south side.

I haven

I posted this once before but if LU had silly money to blow they could reduce seating to around 7k and put in nice suites for the big spenders. With today's costs I doubt that's going to happen in my lifetime.

The Legacy Center at McNeese has a posted capacity of 4,242. Looks like they have sold out twice this year.

The Montagne Center is really big for programs of Lamars size. Even bigger than some of the elite programs. It holds 2,000 more than Dukes Cameron Indoor Stadium.