Reports from BE's Dabe and Fox 4's Canizales about Lamar QB's

AggiesAreWe

Looks like we may see rotating QBs:

Andre Bevil will make a second straight start at quarterback. The senior will likely rotate with redshirt freshman Jeremy Johnson, offensive coordinator Todd Whitten said.

Also, McVey will probably start at TE and Marcus Jackson looks to be completely healthy.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/WR-Jackson-ready-to-play-Saturday-2161747.php#ixzz1XPqdoZ6K

Looks like we may see rotating QBs:

Andre Bevil will make a second straight start at quarterback. The senior will likely rotate with redshirt freshman Jeremy Johnson, offensive coordinator Todd Whitten said.

Also, McVey will probably start at TE and Marcus Jackson looks to be completely healthy.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/WR-Jackson-ready-to-play-Saturday-2161747.php#ixzz1XPqdoZ6K

Whoo! Ballgame, folks!

Guest bigred360
I am still sticking to my guns that this will be Jeremy Johnson's team to lead by game 3 or 4.

AAW, I agree with you but we are in the minority as there will be people talking about how this should be Prewitt's team and Lamar should have offerred Doty instead of Johnson. LOL

I am still sticking to my guns that this will be Jeremy Johnson's team to lead by game 3 or 4.

AAW, I agree with you but we are in the minority as there will be people talking about how this should be Prewitt's team and Lamar should have offerred Doty instead of Johnson. LOL

Oh, I don't know. I think most people are behind JJ. I can only think of two who are behind Doty. I can think of a few for Prewitt and less for Bevil. Put it this way, regardless of who it is this year, I know one thing: I will not be cheering for a quarterback on another team (Doty). I'm hoping for Johnson while cheering for whoever it is.

Oh, I don't know. I think most people are behind JJ. I can only think of two who are behind Doty. I can think of a few for Prewitt and less for Bevil. Put it this way, regardless of who it is this year, I know one thing: I will not be cheering for a quarterback on another team (Doty). I'm hoping for Johnson while cheering for whoever it is.

See you all missed the point in the Doty arguement. I do not care if Doty plays for Oregon, Lamar, or a 5th year of high school. The point was to show what IMO is a lack of talent evaluation. Go back and look at my comments, read them and soak it in. But hey I guess you guys don't like a different opinion from some different perspective.

See you all missed the point in the Doty arguement. I do not care if Doty plays for Oregon, Lamar, or a 5th year of high school. The point was to show what IMO is a lack of talent evaluation. Go back and look at my comments, read them and soak it in. But hey I guess you guys don't like a different opinion from some different perspective.

Yeah, not really. Just support Lamar!

Yeah, not really. Just support Lamar!

That was quite obviously a joke. ^

Guest bigred360
No, this post is fine it's just when you say the coaches can't evaluate talent or make personal attacks by name calling that I have problems with. BTW, I answered your PM and was well aware of the content.

Guest CardAmbassador
Whoa, just got home, I bet people are going to riot over this. Lets just see how it plays out in a game first though ok? If you want to question the coaches, I'm not going to necessarily agree but you can do it. BUT, lets wait till game time and see if maybe the coaches saw something we didn't.

There was no personal attacks in this thread. Everyone needs to realize that a difference of opinion and criticism is ok. That's what makes these places work. Let's just keep it clean and its all good but I think we all know how people feel about the QB situation now.

:)

Personally, I have no problem with someone not liking or disagreeing with a coaches decision. It's their personal choice. But, don't expect anyone to applaud or not criticize those comments.

I believe coaches make mistakes all the time. But, it's most of the time it's in game type mistakes. In regards to players and personnel, I trust a coaches authority on those issues. Those guys see the players day in and day out and I would expect them to have a much greater knowledge on who should play and who shouldn't.

Guest bigred360
Totally agree, Coach Woodard has admitted to making in game mistakes like not taking the wind in the 3rd quarter last week. But his evaluation of players on the Lamar roster is not one of his weaknesses.