Lamar Men at UIW

geezer

The men take on UIW at 6:30 PM this evening. It is the first of a three game road swing and the Cards need to win to maintain their current tie for second place, either Nicholls or Corpus will fall out of that tie tonight as they are playing each other. Cards need to prove they have developed the maturity to control their turnovers and win on the road if they want to stay near the top of the conference.

UIW up by two at the half, 35-33. Lamar just doesn't seem to be playing well, but you can't identify how specifically from the stats. Lamar is 0-6 from three-point range and neither Hamilton nor Pryor have scored. Knight is 0-3 from the field and 1-2 from the free throw line. Edited by geezer

Lamar comes out stone cold shooting and at the first media timeout of the second half are down by 12, 47-35. My opinion wrong players taking the wrong shots and just sloppy. Bulajic not facing up and taking a shot from close in and Buckley and Pryor both taking circus shots.

Lamar continues to play poorly, playing down to the level of their opponent on the road, but despite all have climbed back from fourteen points down to be down just two points with 7:07 left in the game 61-59.

Another terrible road effort for Lamar. UIW wins 76-67. Lamar gets virtually nothing from the big men. Hamilton has only two points and no rebounds. Catt goes scoreless. Buljic does score 10, but never dominates the opponents like you would hope. Pryor ends the game with only two points. Knight makes one of four three-point attempts and never gets in a rhythm. Lamar gets outrebounded by eight. Lamar travels to UNO Saturday and can expect another test. Edited by geezer

Think Lamar needs a coaching change after the season. They are 13-11 on the season. Unacceptable losses to HCU and UIW. But, Brooks will have a hefty buyout as he has two years remaining on his contract.

Anyone on your wish list? I say give Josh Pastner a shot. He is from Houston and has a lot of connections in Texas. Was pretty successful at Memphis before going to Georgia Tech.

While I am deeply disappointed in last nights game and the progress that Brooks has made to date, I think Lamar should save their money until his contract is actually up. The performance has improved each year and it looks like the early signees for next year offer additional promise. I also watched part of the Kansas - Texas Tech game last night and Kansas played terrible also, granted they were without maybe there best player, but it was still bad.

While I am deeply disappointed in last nights game and the progress that Brooks has made to date, I think Lamar should save their money until his contract is actually up. The performance has improved each year and it looks like the early signees for next year offer additional promise. I also watched part of the Kansas - Texas Tech game last night and Kansas played terrible also, granted they were without maybe there best player, but it was still bad.

Did you see the McNeese vs HCU score?

Think Lamar needs a coaching change after the season. They are 13-11 on the season. Unacceptable losses to HCU and UIW. But, Brooks will have a hefty buyout as he has two years remaining on his contract.

Anyone on your wish list? I say give Josh Pastner a shot. He is from Houston and has a lot of connections in Texas. Was pretty successful at Memphis before going to Georgia Tech.

I think a lot depends on how they finish the season. Lot's of road games plus two home games against the best teams in the league. They could very well end up losing almost all of them. If that happens I think the AD will pull the trigger and make a coaching change.

Maybe LU will try to hire McNeese's coach. (just kidding!)