Grades are in......NW State Report Card

Mike

Guest bigred360

For the first time I disagree a little. I think Bevil should have been a B- as two of the int's were in the hands of our WR's and the defensive players took the ball away. How is that Bevil's fault? I blame the WR's. I think he deserved a B-

JJ Hayes broke a school record so I think that just based on him the(WR's) deseve a B+.

Special teams without the punter deserve an F but with him I would give a D+.

red, what game did you watch? B- would equate to "all-conference" level---you saw an all-conference performance at qb? you are easily impressed

There was one " all- conference" performance" on that field, that being JJ hayes..heck, I'll go all-american performance "A" for him..all conference "B" for the punter

I would say, based on the grading scale..the team we played was a C--average SLC team..nothing spectacular...

i think all the scores, with exception of WR/linebackers are too high...looks like a BISD report card where just showing up gets you a decent grade

and help me out..in ray's nickle D...whose responsibilty was it to cover those short passes across the middle? if it was the backers, got to take em down a notch...

i think the D woulda done just as well with Beard in full-time

Guest bigred360

red, what game did you watch? B- would equate to "all-conference" level---you saw an all-conference performance at qb? you are easily impressed

Same game you did with 15-20 mile an hour winds. Bevils made two throws that I doubt another QB in the SLC could have made. First, was the TD in the back of the endzone to Marcus Jackson while on the run and the second was the TD from 40 yards to JJ Hayes. It was a perfect pass because the DB was in great position to make a play on the ball.

Glad you decided to join BRI. See ya around.

For the first time I disagree a little. I think Bevil should have been a B- as two of the int's were in the hands of our WR's and the defensive players took the ball away. How is that Bevil's fault? I blame the WR's. I think he deserved a B-

JJ Hayes broke a school record so I think that just based on him the(WR's) deseve a B+.

Special teams without the punter deserve an F but with him I would give a D+.

No biggie to disagree.

Thinking on Bevil was he had an average game. Yes he threw for 360 yards but 212 went to one guy. He had 3 INT's and they had trouble scoring in the red zone. I dont feel Andre was the problem in this game but it wasn't an all conference type performance.

JJ Hayes was an A+ but as a group the rest of the WR/TE were mostly invisible. Thus the grade.

As far as special teams I felt the kickoffs and coverage were much better. Many of the kicks were pretty decent even against the strong wind. The punter was nails averaging nearly 50 yards per punt. They werent great but not nearly as bad as last week.

Thanks as always for the opinions.

I would say, based on the grading scale..the team we played was a C--average SLC team..nothing spectacular...

Northwestern State is a top 3 SLC team this year and one of the better defensive fronts Lamar will have played all season. Even LSU only rushed for 175 (3.9 ypc) as a team vs NW State.

i think all the scores, with exception of WR/linebackers are too high...looks like a BISD report card where just showing up gets you a decent grade

I think the grades were more than fair but you have a right to your opinion.

i think the D woulda done just as well with Beard in full-time

You don't lose a guy like Jacody and assume everything will be the same. Leave Jacody at DE and play Beard at LB and then you wouldve been talking.

BTW thanks for joining.

Guest CardAmbassador

I agree about Bevil two of the INT were not his fault, once the ball hits our WR's hands its out of his control.

Also the Punter was far better than a D as someone said. I blame the RB's more than the OL for the lack of running game, also the coaches. I think the OL should be bumped up to B-

Overall I agree with the grades though.

Guest NorthoftheBorder
Well puddin, I was gonna come on here and mention your grade on the other board, but since you joined I guess I will let you give them if want!!! LOL! :laugh: